Candidate must be
- Student at the College of William & Mary
- Studying with a member of the Applied Music Faculty in the Department of Music
- The selected work must be
- One or more movements of a work for a solo instrument or voice and orchestra. Double concertos are acceptable if both soloists meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Approved by the WMSO Music Director immediately after the application deadline
- Each candidate will receive 15 minutes of performance time and must
- Perform excerpts from all movements that they wish to perform with the WMSO.
- Make appropriate cuts if the work excceeds 15 minutes
- Provide an accompanist. You are responsible for finding your own and will be disqualified if you do not have one at the competition.
- Provide 3 copies of the score (full scores preferred, but piano reductions accepted)
- Memorization is required only for the final performance with WMSO in April but strongly encouraged for the competition.